What Makes Embrace Relief Special: An Interview
February 1, 2021
On Thursday, January 7, 2021, Embrace Relief’s own Dana Coppola sat down with Spirit Rosenberg of Great.com Talks With to discuss Embrace Relief’s work and what makes it so special.
Great.com is a charitable organization whose profits all go to worthy causes like Embrace Relief’s and Great.com Talks With is a “podcast to inform, inspire and uplift you.” Every week Great.com Talks With selects three organizations or individuals that greatly impact the world in a positive way and interviews them podcast-style, and this week Embrace Relief was one of the honored selections. Watch the full interview here: https://bit.ly/3j58V1n or listen to the podcast episode here on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/3cwJwwm, Itunes: https://apple.co/3tfY6y7, or read on for the highlights.
- Embrace Relief’s chief mission is alleviating human suffering due to poverty and hunger worldwide and granting all humans basic needs and rights.
- Embrace Relief began as a disaster relief nonprofit organization, but in 2013 expanded to also encompass hunger relief, refugee relief, women’s empowerment, education, clean water, assisting orphans and orphanages, and healthcare.
- Embrace Relief serves on a local, national, and international scale, and is always looking to bridge the gap between donors and beneficiaries by doing nonstop reporting directly from the ground where donations aid its humanitarian causes.
- Embrace Relief is very research-driven. For example, a billion people in Africa are currently without clean water, leading to severe health issues, poverty, among other terrible struggles. So, when deciding where to build water wells in Africa to supply it with clean water, Embrace Relief doesn’t just survey the villages and communities to discern the locations most in need. It also examines the land itself to locate the most sustainable sources of water.
- Regarding all its programs, Embrace Relief works directly with local and international governments and partners on the ground, which allows it to assess the needs of those most in need and help facilitate their growth.
- At least 90 percent of donations go directly to the designated cause, sometimes even more. The rest is used for necessary administrative costs.
- Embrace Relief’s Clean Water campaign is currently booming, as it has succeeded in constructing over 364 water wells in Africa benefiting over 370,000 people total. Pictures of kids playing exuberantly in the clean water, something taken for granted in most parts of the world, are simply awe-inspiring.
- If you’re a donor, donate with pride and confidence to whichever program or programs resonate with you personally.
- One of the most impressive things about Embrace Relief is it doesn’t just send money wherever it’s needed. The organization continuously follows up with its international and local partners on the ground—monthly, bi-annually, and annually—and receives reports from them to ensure all efforts are as effective as possible. Embrace Relief is also always moving forward, never stops working, is always looking to improve, and immediately implements any advancements as soon as possible.
- Embrace Relief thrives and counts on its partners, volunteers, and donors, and is so grateful for them all.
- Hopefully humanity won’t need organizations like Embrace Relief in the future, but in the meantime it’s here and dedicated to facilitate growth and alleviate human suffering wherever it exists in the world.