Start a Group FUNdraiserStarting a Group FUNdraiser is quick and easy! Just form a group of 3 or more people with anyone you like — your friends, family, classmates, team members, colleagues, employees, whomever! Then choose one of Embrace Relief’s ongoing campaigns that benefit people in need around the globe that you and your group feel passionate about and fill out an application!
Why Start a Group Fundraiser?
The purpose of our Group FUNdraising projects are to encourage and promote community participation and interest in our ongoing projects. There are so many wonderful reasons to start a Group Fundraiser. For example:
- It aids hundreds—if not thousands—of people most in need around the world.
- Your group will receive the opportunity to visit the country/place you’re fundraising to help directly with implementing the program, become immersed in the culture of the place, experience a new way of life, develop an appreciation for others, and witness the positive change you’re making. (This opportunity is certainly not a requirement, however.)
- You and your group become official volunteers for Embrace Relief. Remember to include this on college applications and resumes as it shows leadership, determination, dedication, and compassion.
- Start a Group FUNdraiser to refine your skills, meet new people, and find opportunities and adventure!
- Those who are 13-24 years old * have the opportunity to sign up for the Congressional Award program.**
A cataract is a progressive disease of the eye that causes blurry vision and eventually complete blindness. Due to the lack of access to proper healthcare, almost 800,000 people suffer from cataracts in Mali, Africa. Through Embrace Relief, $100, covers the cost of one surgery and fifteen checkups.
Over 2 billion Africans don’t have access to clean water or travel miles to retrieve it every day. Through Embrace Relief, your group can build a sustainable water well to supply usable water to 1,000 people. Upon completion, your group can name the water well after the group name or in memoriam of someone.
Orphans are among the most vulnerable populations in the world. Often feeling forgotten and left behind, they lose their excitement for life at an early age. Through Embrace Relief, you can restore light in their lives by renovating an orphanage. This includes renovating, painting, planting, and distributing food.
Through Embrace Relief, your group can raise funds to provide professional checkups to underserved populations. Each checkup costs as little as $3.
You have the option to travel to the place you are raising money to assist with checkups by helping the doctors transport supplies and keeping everything in order.
Millions of families worldwide do not have the financial means to equip their children with school supplies.
With this Group FUNdraiser, you can provide children notebooks, pens, pencils, rulers, highlighters, and more necessary tools.Click here to learn more.
Feed the Hungry
Millions of people worldwide go to bed hungry every single night. When you start a Group FUNdraiser to Feed the Hungry, you provide food to vulnerable communities and have the option to distribute, too.
Every minute, 20 people are forced to flee their homes due to persecution, conflict, or violence. Through Embrace Relief, your group can provide these brave souls with food, clothes, shelter, and educational resources.
Libraries are the cornerstone of learning and knowledge. Your group can fundraise to build or renovate a library, furnish it, and stock it with books and computers.
This Group FUNdraiser includes acquiring 2,000 books in English and 2,000 books in the country’s local language.