Thank You Coronavirus Helpers!
Covid-19 ResponseMillions of people are still becoming infected, hundreds of thousands are still dying, and millions are still struggling financially and to find their next meal. Embrace Relief has been a staunch supporter of those suffering from the pandemic from the very beginning. Stop the Spread of Disease!
We here at Embrace Relief would like to wholeheartedly say (or, really, more like wholeheartedly shout): “Thank You Coronavirus Helpers!” It’s because of YOU we’ve been able to donate—to date—a whopping one million dollars’ worth of Covid 19-combatting products to hospitals, police departments, universities, and shelters, among other places in the United States.
Since the outbreak of the pandemic a year and a half ago, we’ve been able to distribute the following items with YOUR help!
PACKS OF ANTIBACTERIAL WET WIPES
HOT MEALS FOR FRONTLINE WORKERS
AIDED WITH MONETARY SUPPORT
Delta Variant Facts
- According to WHO, the Delta variant is the most detrimental coronavirus variant yet. It’s as much as 50 to 60 percent more transmissible than the Alpha variant, which was already 50 percent more transmissible than the original Covid 19 strain.
- The Delta variant poses a serious risk to people who are not fully vaccinated, as it’s highly contagious and may result in more severe diseases.
- The symptoms of the Delta variant appear to be the same as those of the original version of COVID-19. However, physicians are seeing people getting sicker faster, especially younger people. Typically, vaccinated people are either asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms if they contract the Delta variant. Their symptoms are more like those of a common cold, such as cough, fever, or headache, with the addition of significant loss of smell.
- A study in Scotland found the hospitalization rate of patients with the Delta variant is about 85 percent higher than that of people with the Alpha variant.
- Delta variant cases have led to a surge of deaths in Africa, most notably in the country South Africa where less than nine percent of the population is fully vaccinated. This is due to the fact they, among other countries around the world, possess limited medical infrastructure.
- The Delta variant is currently the most prominent strain of COVID-19, but the Lambda variant out of South America is also emerging and more strains are expected to arrive in the near future as well.
How YOU Can Help
All of these factors point toward why we all need to continue to take this horrific virus incredibly seriously. And this is why we want to tell you, Coronavirus Helpers, to first take care of yourselves. That means getting vaccinated as soon as you can (if you haven’t already) or taking a covid test to determine whether you’ve been infected if you feel even the slightest bit sick. The easiest way to do either of these things is simply Google “covid vaccine near me” or “covid testing near me.” But, of course, we would like to implore you to continue helping those who have been terribly negatively impacted by the virus as well.
Please Donate Today
If you haven’t already, please consider donating today to help us supply more hospitals, shelters, etc. with the covid-combatting products they need, as well as help us aid American families struggling financially and to find their next meal due to the virus. After all, at the end of the day, we all need to take care of both ourselves and each other. That’s the only way we’re going to finally get through this horrific time in human history and pave brighter, healthier futures for all of us.Stop the Spread of Disease