- Meat donated for Qurbani contains numerous health and nutritional properties that are particularly important for people living in poverty and lacking access to high-quality food.
- Your Qurbani donation will help vulnerable people receive the protein, vitamins, amino acids and healthy fats they need to live healthy lives.
- Give your Qurbani today with Embrace Relief and fulfill your obligations while making a huge impact on people’s lives.
With Eid al-Adha 2023 coming up on June 28-29, giving your Qurbani is surely on your mind. Fulfilling your Qurbani obligation is a chance to make a meaningful act of charity, and to provide food to those who are struggling. And donating your Qurbani is easier than ever with Embrace Relief. Just click over to our donation page, fill out the form, and we will work with our partner organizations in more than a dozen countries to ensure your Qurbani meat gets to people in need.
Your Qurbani donation is more important than ever. With poverty and hunger continuing to rise, particularly in several of the countries where Embrace Relief operates – including Yemen, Tanzania, Kenya, Burkina Faso, Mali, and Democratic Republic of Congo – a single gift of meat can make an enormous impact in the lives of numerous families.
How Qurbani meat promotes health
The meat you give to vulnerable and impoverished people this Qurbani will be vital to their health. This is because meat from livestock animals (cows, sheep, goats) offers nourishment and numerous health benefits, especially for people living in food-scarce areas who might otherwise be unable to afford it.
- It’s rich in protein: Meat is a superb source of high-quality protein. Protein plays a crucial role in building and repairing body tissues, supporting growth, and maintaining a healthy immune system. By donating meat to impoverished communities, you can help address protein deficiencies that often afflict those who lack access to adequate food resources. The inclusion of meat in their diet can aid in strengthening their overall health and well-being.
- It contains essential vitamins and minerals: Meat is a valuable source of essential vitamins and minerals that are vital for optimal health. It contains significant amounts of iron, zinc, and B vitamins (including vitamin B12), which are essential for red blood cell production, cognitive function, and energy metabolism. By incorporating meat into the diet of individuals in need, Qurbani donors can help combat nutrient deficiencies, boost energy levels, and enhance mental and physical performance.
- It promotes overall body development: Some types of meat, including beef, provide a complete amino acid profile, containing all the essential amino acids required by the body for various functions. These amino acids are the building blocks of proteins and are crucial for promoting muscle growth, tissue repair, and overall body development. By donating Qurbani, you contribute to the nutritional well-being of individuals who may lack access to diverse protein sources, helping them achieve optimal growth and development.
- It contains healthy fats: Contrary to popular belief, red meat (such as beef) can also contain healthy fats that play a vital role in maintaining good health. These fats provide a concentrated source of energy, aid in the absorption of vitamins, and support brain function. By donating meat rich in healthy fats, such as omega-3 fatty acids found in grass-fed beef, you can help address the nutritional needs of impoverished individuals, contributing to their overall well-being.
Give your Qurbani 2023 with Embrace Relief
Qurbani is an act of charity and devotion in keeping with the spirit of Eid al-Adha. Giving your Qurbani will help some of the most vulnerable people on Earth receive the nutrition that they need. Each Qurbani you donate through Embrace Relief will feed eight families, who will be able to preserve their meat for up to a year!
In 2022, Embrace Relief’s International Hunger Relief: Qurbani 2023 campaign provided meat to nearly 100,000 people around the world. We’re on track to meet that goal again in 2023, but we need your help.
Donate your Qurbani with Embrace Relief today and give health, nutrition and hope to people in need all around the world!