Raise the Children
December 15, 2020
Renowned American psychologist Abraham Maslow outlines the hierarchy of needs as the following:
- Self-actualization: desire to become the most that one can be.
- Esteem: respect, self-esteem, status, recognition, strength, freedom
- Love and belonging: friendship, intimacy, family, sense of connection
- Safety needs: personal security, employment, resources, health, property
- Physiological needs: air, water, food, shelter, sleep, clothing
This classification system thus depicts the universal needs of all people. The above list details the psychological needs which demand to be fulfilled before other levels are pursued. If not met, there is a likelihood that the individual will experience an extent of displeasure in their life.
With this in mind, Embrace Relief’s “Raise the Children” campaign was created to provide children in orphanages with a better quality of life. This project will provide orphaned children with food, clothing, hygiene products, school supplies, and healthcare.
It focuses on prioritizing five main elements to improving the conditions of the orphanages:
- Life: By supporting the orphanages, we ensure the lives of all the children are supported. No child is left behind.
- Care: We provide their basic necessities such as food, water, and clothing — what Maslow believes every human being should have.
- Purpose and Control: Perhaps our most life-affirming element is providing educational resources for the children.
- Happiness: Through benefiting the orphanages, we are directly shaping the environment in which the children grow into. It’s important to us that this space encourages a positive atmosphere.
In doing so, we plan to see everlasting influences both socially and economically in the lives of the children. For instance, the orphanage’s environment is key to developing their social skills and climbing up the hierarchy outlined by Maslow. Economically, we hope that the education we provide will set a foundation for the children’s future endeavors. On a broader scale, this opportunity can also reaffirm their sense of purpose.
Additionally, we can cover the costs of the orphanages’ bills such as water, electricity, and more. Through donations, we can decrease mortality rates amongst children, give them a sound mental health, and provide a better and brighter future. This campaign can have a positive domino effect on a child’s future by allowing them to develop fully and go on to live a fulfilling life.
You can help a child live their lives to its fullest potential by donating today.