December 3, 2019, at 8 a.m. is Giving Tuesday on Facebook once again! #GivingTuesday is a day dedicated to supporting nonprofits and sharing the holiday joy we all know and love. It is a chance to show your global family that you care for and are here to support them.
This year, Facebook will match every dollar donated up to its budget of 7 million dollars. This only took 50 seconds to reach in 2018 – so this year it will happen even faster!
To get ahead of the rush, we encourage you to make a donation as little as $1 before December 3rd, so all of your credentials will be ready and your donation can be matched.
Step by Step Guide to Make the fastest donation on #GivingTuesday
- Before December 3rd,
- Login to Facebook
- Search for “Embrace Relief”
- Find the link, click on it and bookmark it
- Click on Donate
- Put in $1.00 and complete the form
- Choose your payment type from one of Paypal or Card options
- Click to Donate.This will help you to donate 10 times faster since you won’t need to put in your payment info again. By doing this you’ll be ready for the day!
- On December 3rd, 7:55 AM EST
- Login to Facebook
- Goto “Embrace Relief” either by searching or by clicking within your bookmarks
- Put in the donation amount, and wait for the start
- On December 3rd, 8:00 AM EST Sharp!
- Cross your fingers 🙂
- Click on the Donate button. (It will end in less than 50 secs! Don’t be late!)
You’re not going to want to miss this because Facebook only does this once a year! You can follow the step-by-step guide to see how you can easily join this movement that will resound throughout the world!
Every donation collected on December 3rd will go directly towards refugees in Greece. The donations will provide them with safe housing and hot meals that they will be able to enjoy during and after the holidays. Your donation will not only give them these basic human rights, but it will also give them hope and strength for the future – which is often extremely uncertain.