International Hunger Relief 2020
May 21, 2020
Did you know that there is enough food produced to feed all 7 billion people around the world? Yet, more than 820 million people go hungry each year! With the current pandemic crisis, this number is increasing drastically by the minute. COVID-19 threatens to force the world’s hungriest to life-threatening extremes and force many into food insecurity.
Here are just a few staggering facts and figures:
- Approximately 300,000 people in Greece are severely food insecure
- 100,000+ refugees in Greece living in camps has no or little access to food
- More than 20 million Yemenis face hunger in the absence of food assistance
- Africa has the second largest number of undernourished people
- 22.8% of the population of Sub-Saharan Africa is undernourished, the highest prevalence of all regions in the world
- More than 37 million people struggle with hunger in the United States, including more than 11 million children
World hunger could become the next big impact of the pandemic. About 265 million people around the world are forecast to be facing acute food insecurity by the end of this year due to COVID-19. Some of the most vulnerable countries may face the choice of trying to save people infected by the virus only for them to fall prey to hunger.
Hunger doesn’t stop for a pandemic, and neither do we. To help combat this, Embrace Relief will be delivering food packs to those in need during this time of uncertainty and confusion.
Each food pack cost :
- $100 for Refugees in Greece
- $50 for Yemeni families
- $25 for African children
- $100 for Families in the US
It is now more than ever that we should bring hope and share joy to our global brothers and sisters. Food brings us together on many different levels, it’s nourishment of the body and soul. Let’s build a longer table, not a higher fence.