As the season of Ramadan ends on May 23rd, we become more aware of worldwide hunger and thirst. But for millions, starvation and dehydration are a daily reality.
Before the Coronavirus outbreak, over 820 million people around the world went to bed hungry every night. Now, COVID-19 threatens to force the world’s hungriest to life-threatening extremes and force many into food insecurity.
- 40+ million Americans were already struggling to put food on the table before COVID-19
- The closing of schools in the U.S. affects roughly 22 million+ students who relied on school lunches – leading to an increase in food insecurity
- For millions of children in Africa, closing schools means an end to the only hot meal they get on a daily basis
- 100,000+ refugees in Greece, with many living in camps with little food.
- In poor countries, lockdowns will only lead to more hunger, starvation, and death
You can help prevent this from becoming a worldwide catastrophe.
To help combat this, Embrace Relief will be delivering food packs to those in need during this time of uncertainty and confusion.
Each food pack cost :
- $100 for Refugees in Greece
- $50 for Yemeni families
- $25 for African children
- $100 for Families in the US
Help deliver a food pack today by donating to this campaign to feed hungry neighbors. Your contribution will help free these vulnerable populations from hunger.